Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The card box



Here are a few pictures of the box I decorated for Dylan's graduation party. I forgot to take a 'before' pic, but it was basically a very large box made out of plywood. It had a slot cut out on top, and hinges so that the top would open up. I didn't want to use paper to cover it because it would have been expensive and a lot of work. So, I decided on material. I got some wooden letters to spell out cards. I covered some of these with paper and some I painted and then stamped a flourish design on them. Then I added a tassel for the grad, and some twine string to make it a little more masculine. I added a photo of the grad on the top of the box and silver stars. I thought it turned out pretty well considering I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it at first! Everyone seemed to like it though. Thank God for that! LOL!

No comments: