I know I haven't posted in forever. And, I'll admit, I might not post again forever after this. But,for today, here is a post for all to enjoy! Or, the three people who actually read my blog!
So, a blog is really a public confessional, right? If not, well I'm using it as one today. As much as I love taking pictures and scrapbooking, I have to admit, I really hate photo editing! Really, absolutely, hate it! Why you ask? I think it's mostly a time issue. Let's go through the process...
1. Upload the pics to the computer and clean off the camera card. Sure, this goes pretty quick but I had to include it as the first step of course.
2. Look through all the photos and admire the good ones you got. Delete the crappy, blurry ones.
3. Decide which photos you want to print out for scrapbooking. Or, if sending photos to get printed, decide on those. Is it just me or does this take awhile? Seriously. Ok, it's probably just me. I take too long to do things sometimes, I know. But, it seems like hours get wasted just on this step. Anyway...
4. Edit. (rolling eyes) This is where the crap gets out of hand for me! I love what I know how to do in Photoshop. Don't get me wrong. But, I'm not super fast and I still get so bored and annoyed with working on photos. I just want it to be done. Snap my fingers, click a button, make a wish, something, anything, and ta da, they're done!
So, this is where I adjust the colors if I need to. And crop down the photos. Sometimes I'm cropping for size. Or file size so that the pic isn't huge and I can upload to the internet or send in an email. Or maybe I'm cropping out some weird thing in the background. Or, maybe I want to zoom in. Or, make a collage. Or fool around with the colors or some other added effect. Maybe, I should quit fooling around. That would save some of the time. Ok, so...
5. Then of course, after doing all of that stuff you have to resave the photo. And rename it. And maybe save it in a new folder. Maybe not.
And it just seems like this stuff takes me FOREVER! Plus, I'm doing it for dozens, maybe hundreds of photos! FOREVER! This is time I could spend actually scrapbooking. Or writing on my blog for heaven's sake!
Needless to say, I get annoyed with photo editing, so I just don't do it. I still crop and adjust and make collages for the photos I want to scrap. But, I am years behind on uploading photos to a printing place, just to have them. That's a whole other story too. Uploading photos. Thank you internet gods for deciding that those of us in the country don't deserve fast internet. So, it takes 16 hours to upload photos. Or, I can only do 10 at a time or something because otherwise it will time out or something stupid like that!
(Wow, is just me, or has this post really turned into a rant? I'm really on a roll today!)
So, I'll tell you what brought on this post about photo editing. Because I want to post more photos on my blog and my facebook. Photos that I take, and photos of my scrappy projects. But, I don't want to screw around with editing them! Plain and simple, that's the real deal. But, I recently completed a really pretty scrapbook page that even my hubby thinks looks good, and so I want to share! I don't want to worry about a perfect picture, or perfect lighting, or resizing it to upload fast. I just want to take a quick photo and share it with ya'll! So, you know what? That's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna take the damn picture, put it on the computer, and add it to my blog post!