Saturday, January 3, 2009

One word

I have decided that my one word for 2009 is going to be MOVE.  If you haven't heard of the one little word movement here is some more info. http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2007/01/one_little_word.html
This has turned into quite a thing, especially in the scrapbooking world.  But this isn't just a scrapbooking thing.  It relates to everything in your life.  I have been interested in this concept the last couple of years.  I haven't really put any thought into though and mostly for one reason.  I have a tendency to start something and not continue with it.  Well, this year I'm doing it.  I'm picking a word and I'm putting that word into my life.  I really want to do something to lose a little weight.  The main thing I need to do is exercise and just do more.  So, that is why I picked the word move.  As a reminder to myself to just move more.  Even if I'm not actually exercising, I can still be moving, using my body, burning calories.  So that is my goal.  To move!  
For now I am excited just to have the word and think of ways to incorporate it into my life.  I am making myself a couple of little signs to hang in the house.  The bathroom mirror, maybe on the fridge, stuff like that.  I think I will also put it as my desktop on the computer.  Kind of funny since I'm not moving when I'm on the computer!  LOL!  Maybe I will put up my word at work too.  Just to keep it in my thoughts during the day.  I guess we'll see where this goes.  Hopefully it helps me and inspires me and keeps me going.  
I hope that some of you decide to pick a word.  It can be anything, it's your word.  Hopefully it will inspire you or make you look inside yourself.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how are we doing on this word this week? I just got back from the "gym" and did 45 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of circuits. :-) "C"